For us at Thule Group, everything is about making it easy to live an active life. Our motto, ”Active Life, Simplified.” captures the ambition of how we develop products so that those who buy them can live an active life a little easier, how we as employees want to live our own lives and what feel we want our customers to have when they do business with us. We are global market leaders in a number of product categories, including roof racks, roof boxes and bike racks that you use on the car, camera bags as well as multisport- and bicycle trailers. We are also growing rapidly in product categories like sports- and duffel bags, luggage and strollers.For more information about Thule, visit https://www.thule.com/sv-se
Thule Group has about 2,400 employees at 9 production facilities and 35 sales offices worldwide. The Group’s products are sold in 140 markets and in 2019, sales amounted to SEK 7 billion.The Thule Group Head Office is located in Malmö, south Sweden.
Thule is looking for a Category Manager steel
The Thule purchasing organization is now increasing the level of strategic capability in order to develop the supplier base for future growth plans and is looking for a Category Manager within the category Steel. Do you want to be a part of our team?
The Procurement organization is a global function and collaborates across Europe, Asia and the Americas. The organisation consists of more than 50 people spread across Category Management (7), Project Purchasing (11) Site Purchasing (15) and Supplier Quality (18). The Category Managers will work closely with site purchasing, project purchasing, SQA, suppliers and other key stakeholders internally. You will report to the VP, Global Procurement. The location will be in either Malmö or Hillerstorp, Sweden.
Your main responsibilities
As a Category Manager your key responsibilities will be to develop the supplier base to secure capacity and flexibility during high season and at the same time be able to launch new products effectively. You will also raise the level of strategic competence within the purchasing organization and lead site purchasing, project purchasing, other internal stakeholders and suppliers towards the implementation of set strategies through running a cross-functional category core team. You will create a network with key stakeholders and ensure that the right collaboration and level of communication works both internally and externally.
Your assignment also includes:
- Set the right business direction and sourcing strategy for the total supply chain for the category
- Assure implementation of the sourcing strategy by leading project purchasers, site purchasers and other stakeholders into the set direction
- Manage strategic supplier relations and run supplier negotiations with key suppliers
- Support development of new materials and new production technologies together with Product development and suppliers
- Lead and develop purchasing operations towards high performance culture within the category
- Set KPIs and assure achievement of KPIs for the total category for quality, delivery performance, cost development, social compliance and new product development capabilities
- Responsible for supplier classification and supplier structure build up within the category
- Lead competence development throughout the organization within steel (material, production technologies, innovations, substitute materials etc.)
Your profile and skills
To succeed in this role, you need a strong strategic mind-set with a hands-on approach. You have a selling personality and the ability to influence and communicate at all levels within the organisation to achieve results. You also need strong leadership capabilities with a high level of integrity. As a person you have strong business acumen, including the ability to diagnose and analyse problems and drive appropriate solutions.
We are looking for someone with a university degree and with at least five years of experience from strategic sourcing in an international business environment.
You also have:
- Knowledge about category management principles
- High strategic capability and commercial understanding
- Skills in commercial negotiations
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
- Supplier market knowledge within the steel industry is a merit
We process applications continuously, but the position may be filled before the deadline. Last day for applications is 2020-11-01.
For specific questions regarding the position and the recruitment process contact Johan Emthén at EFFSO: email@example.com or at 0708-53 63 43
We are looking forward to your application!