Global Procurement Manager
Biotage is a Global Impact Tech Company committed to solving society’s problems. We offer workflow solutions and products to customers in Drug Discovery and Development, Analytical Testing and Water and Environmental Testing.
Biotage is contributing to sustainable science with the goal to make the world healthier, greener and cleaner – HumanKind Unlimited.
Our customers span a broad range of market segments including Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Contract Research and Contract Manufacturers as well as Clinical, Forensic and Academic laboratories in addition to organizations focused on Food safety, Clean water and Environmental sustainability.
Biotage is headquartered in Uppsala in Sweden and employs approx. 500 people worldwide. The Group had sales of SEK 1,092 million (~GBP 100 million) in 2020 and our products are sold in more than 70 countries. Biotage share (BIOT) is listed in the Mid Cap segment on the NASDAQ Stockholm.
In the role as Global Procurement Manager you will get a key function within the Biotage organization by ensuring that all production sites leverage on the global purchasing potential and power available. You will be responsible for the global coordination of procurement activities, ensuring implementation of strategies to ensure cost efficient execution and deliveries to our production units and external contract manufacturing entities as applicable. In addition, you will have a key role in supporting and guiding Innovation & Development in development projects to enable sound sourcing strategies and vendor selections already at the design stage of new products. Overall, the role is operational/tactical on a daily basis and strategic in the long term.
Areas of responsibilities
- Establishment and continuous development of global procurement activities and strategies.
- Coordinate procurement and purchasing programs on a global basis through Biotage regional purchasing capacities to ensure alignment and maximize purchasing leverage.
- Set forecasts, plan and drive the procurement activities so that they reflect changes in the demands.
- Continuously improve and develop material flows.
- Improve working capital KPI’s by e.g. freeing up capital tied up in stock and optimization of in- & outbound flows.
- Work closely with the R&D function and associated product development projects to optimize vendor selection, product material, cost strategies and quality.
- Conduct and report KPI’s related to the areas of responsibility.
- Ensure supplier management and supplier development, as well as accurately assess suppliers’ capabilities in a timely manner to ensure that the best supplier landscape is always met.
- Lead efforts to improve supply chain efficiency, maintain product quality standards, and reduce costs.
University degree in a relevant field and/or well documented experience within the field of purchasing. Know-how from the manufacturing industry, understanding of raw materials and components and experience from ERP systems, such as Dynamics 365.
As a person, you need to be good in analyzing situations and data and adapt a systematic approach when it comes to problem solving. The position requires excellent communication skills in English and preferably Swedish, both oral and in writing.
You need to be attracted to building up a broad network both within and outside the organization. The capacity to get people to work both for you and with you to reach the aims of the function is crucial, and so is the ability to work both with long term planning as well as with short term problem solving.
We will offer the right person a stimulating environment, good possibilities to influence the area and development opportunities within the organization.
Submit your application no later than August 15.
The selection process will proceed as applications arrive and may be concluded before the final application date. However, direct feedback will be limited during the period July 12 – August 9. We kindly ask ad vendors, recruitment companies and media vendors not to get in touch regarding this recruitment.