Category Manager Electronics, Power Products
Permobil is a globally leading provider of power wheelchairs, manual wheelchairs and seating and positioning solutions, with a strong dedication to improve the quality of life for its users. The company’s strong portfolio of brands, competitive product offering, innovation capabilities and leading market positions provide a strong base to capture additional growth, both in existing and new markets. Our products are available today in 70 countries on four continents. Our turnover is more than 3 billion, and we have approximately 1600 employees. Since 2013, Permobil is a part of Investor AB.
Group Sourcing in Permobil has the commercial responsibility for the supplier relations group wide to ensure seamless value transformation from the supplier market.
Sourcing in Permobil is a group function with a global presence close to the supplier market, R&D centers, and operations. As Category Manager for Electronics you will be part of business function Supply Chain reporting to Director Power Products Sourcing.
You will be responsible for defining and articulating the sourcing business strategy across the category area and ensure efficient execution to build a sustainable value chain to Permobil factories in Shanghai, Nashville and Timrå.
As our current Category Manager is moving on to new assignments, we are now looking for an experienced and passionate sourcing professional that would embrace a business leading position in an innovative environment.
Your role and duties
In the role of Category Manager, you will be responsible for efficient sourcing of components, products, and solutions globally. You will define, develop, and implement the sourcing strategy and direction to drive cost reductions and maximize value transformation to the business owners.
Some key duties are:
- Commercial ownership to manage and develop the global supplier relations to ensure compliance and performance to support Permobil growth and profitability. Responsible for awarding and distributing business, negotiate, implement, and manage Permobil Supply Agreements. Enhance strategic suppliers’ relations and enable value transformation from the supplier market to the business stakeholders in Permobil. Sponsor and relationship owner for the strategic and tactical supplier relations.
- Analyze and understand Permobil business needs in technology and commercial development and transform into relevant Category Strategies. The Category management includes spend management, supplier market intelligence, risk assessments and strategic plan on how to optimize and manage the suppliers and spend. Spend control and market analysis to deliver cost reduction and profit contribution is a key responsibility.
- Scouting, evaluation, and selection of new supplier to complement and develop the supplier base to match the supply chain strategies and the technology road map. Proactively assess, understand, and mitigate risks in the supply chain and supplier base to ensure sustainable and continuous supply of products.
- Managing the sourcing processes in relation to business function R&D concept studies, development projects and maintenance. Efficient management of resources and planning within project sourcing execution. Ensure results and deliver commercial milestones in accordance with over all development project time plan.
Your profile and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, engineering, business or economics and/or; equivalent work experience from strategic sourcing or similar positions.
- 5+ years of experience in sourcing electronics components, assemblies, and good understanding of electronics contract manufacturing segment.
- Experience in building and leading high performing teams engaging in cross functional collaborations and matrix organizations globally.
- Ability to define standardized frameworks, processes, and tools to ensure efficiency and agility throughout a global organization.
- Deep knowledge in strategic sourcing practices such as category management, supplier management and agreement management.
- Demonstrated success in commercial and supplier readiness in product development and industrialization of new products.
- Proven record of developing supplier relations and drive performance improvements.
- Excellent business mind and extensive experience in an international environment.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal and communication skills.
We process applications continuously, but the position may be filled before the deadline. Last day for applications is 2022-01-23. During the period December 23 – January 3 feedback regarding the recruitment process will be limited. For specific questions regarding the position and the recruitment process contact Johan Emthén at EFFSO: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 0708-53 63 43 We are looking forward to your application!