MTR is one of the world’s most prominent operators of railway-borne traffic and has its base in Hong Kong. In the Nordic region, we operate the underground and commuter services in Stockholm, and high-speed trains on the Stockholm-Gothenburg route. MTR is the third biggest private sector employer in Stockholm over five business areas: MTR Nordic, MTR Tunnelbanan, MTR Pendeltågen, MTRX and MTR Tech. For more information about MTR, visit www.mtrnordic.se
A friendly environment with a high, positive rate of change in which you are actively involved in MTR’s continuing journey of development in the Nordic region in our ambition to develop sustainable communities. We offer you varied work content, exciting jobs and good opportunities to have an influence on your personal development and future within the Group. Our values are the guiding principle in our daily work: excellent service, mutual respect, continuous development and measurable results. We are now looking for someone who wants to make a difference by challenging old truths and finding new solutions.
MTR is looking for two Sourcing Managers
Join MTR and be part of the journey building a high performance category driven procurement organisation! MTR Nordic Group is now investing in procurement through People, Systems and Tools and the new organisation will focus on Business Acumen and Leadership to generate value in all dimensions.
The procurement organisation is a Nordic function and collaborates with all Nordic countries as well as with MTR Global. The organisation will consist of five Sourcing Managers, three Category Managers and one Purchasing Development Manager. The Sourcing Managers will work closely with the Category Managers, with key stakeholders and the Purchasing Development Manager and will report to the CPO. We are based in comfortable premises in the DN Tower on Kungsholmen, Stockholm.
Your main responsibilities
As a Sourcing Manager your key responsibilities will be to lead sourcing activities within the category MRO (maintenance, repair, operations) and to lead and manage strategic suppliers to drive spend under management. You will be responsible for strategic sourcing activities to drive continuous improvement with suppliers and to reduce cost. You will also liaise with key stakeholders and ensure that the right collaboration and level of communication works both internally and externally.
Your assignment also includes:
- Lead local sourcing negotiations – aligned with strategic plan
- Lead and participate in local supplier discussions and manage the business relationships with relevant suppliers
- Give input to and participate in major global supplier discussions
- Identify inefficiencies in relevant processes and define targets for improving the inefficiencies together with relevant functions and Global Category Leaders
- Measure, follow up and continuously improve overall compliance and supplier performance
- Benchmark activities and analysis of market trends
- Bring innovation and market insight to internal stakeholders and Global Category Leaders
- Provide reporting, insights, and recommendations to Regional Manger
Your profile and skills
As a person, you are a highly motivated natural leader. You have great stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence, coach, and communicate at all levels of the organization to achieve results. You have a proven track record of understanding core purchasing processes and tools and operating in a complex work environment.
To succeed in this position we believe you have strong business acumen, including ability to diagnose and analyse problems and drive appropriate solutions. You are analytical and structured and you can work independently and systematically.
We are looking for someone with a university degree, with at least five years of experience within strategic purchasing and sourcing in an international environment. You speak and write Swedish fluently and are accustomed to use English as a working language.
You also have:
- MRO or similar category expertise and knowledge
- The understanding of external market dynamics and ability to bring innovation to the internal stakeholders
- Excel leadership skills in influencing and listening
- Ability to manage an intercultural business environment
- Excel knowledge of project management
- High degree of strategic thinking
We process applications continuously but the position may be filled before the deadline. Last day for applications is 2020-10-06.
For specific questions regarding the position and the recruitment process, contact Johan Emthén at EFFSO: email@example.com or at 0708-536343.
We are looking forward to your application!