Global Category Leaders
MTR is one of the world’s most prominent operators of railway-borne traffic and has its base in Hong Kong. In the Nordic region, we operate the underground and commuter services in Stockholm, and high-speed trains on the Stockholm-Gothenburg route. MTR is the third biggest private sector employer in Stockholm over five business areas: MTR Nordic, MTR Tunnelbanan, MTR Pendeltågen, MTRX and MTR Tech. For more information about MTR, visit www.mtrnordic.se
A friendly environment with a high, positive rate of change in which you are actively involved in MTR’s continuing journey of development in the Nordic region in our ambition to develop sustainable communities. We offer you varied work content, exciting jobs and good opportunities to have an influence on your personal development and future within the Group. Our values are the guiding principle in our daily work: excellent service, mutual respect, continuous development and measurable results. We are now looking for someone who wants to make a difference by challenging old truths and finding new solutions.
MTR is looking for three Global Category Leaders
Join MTR and be part of the journey building a high performance category driven procurement organisation! MTR Nordic Group is now investing in procurement through People, Systems and Tools and the new organisation will focus on Business Acumen and Leadership to generate value in all dimensions.
The procurement organisation is a Nordic function and collaborates with all Nordic countries as well as with MTR Global. The organisation will consist of five Sourcing Managers, three Global Category Leaders and one Purchasing Development Manager. The Global Category Leaders will work closely with the Sourcing Managers, with key stakeholders and the Purchasing Development Manager and will report to the CPO. We are based in comfortable premises in the DN Tower on Kungsholmen, Stockholm.
Your main responsibilities
As a Global Category Leader your key responsibilities will be to develop and secure the implementation of sourcing strategies within either the category MRO (maintenance, repair, operations), the category Facility Management or the category Professional Services & IT. You will also lead, own and manage your category, including sourcing and contract negotiations, to secure short and long term leverage of potential. You will liaise with key stakeholders and ensure that the right collaboration and level of communication works both internally and externally.
Your assignment also includes:
- Develop a global category strategy for your category harmonizing with the overall corporate strategy, subject to CPO approval
- Establish internal steering group forums and seek approval of sourcing strategies.
- Lead business partners relationship with allocated MTR business leaders.
- Lead negotiations for major global suppliers and contracts
- Lead major global supplier strategic meetings; regularly meet management of top suppliers and manage the business relationships with relevant suppliers
- Identify inefficiencies in the relevant category processes and define targets for improving these inefficiencies together with the relevant functions
- Measure, follow up and continuously improve overall compliance and category performance
- Benchmark activities and analyse market trends
- Provide reporting, insights and recommendations to CPO and steering groups
Your profile and skills
To succeed in this role, you need strong leadership capabilities to influence and operate in a matrix organisation. You have great stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence, coach, and communicate at all levels within the organisation to achieve results. You have a proven track record of understanding category management processes and tools and operating in a complex work environment.
As a person you have strong business acumen, including ability to diagnose and analyse problems and drive appropriate solutions. You are analytical and structured and you can work independently and systematically. You also have the ability to form and implement strategies and plans and you have a high degree of strategic thinking.
We are looking for someone with a university degree, with at least seven years of experience within strategic purchasing and sourcing in an international environment. You speak and write Swedish fluently and you are accustomed to use English as a working language.
You also have:
- Deep knowledge from either the category MRO (including experience from manufacturing industries), or from Facility Management or Professional Services & IT
- Insight and experience from Railway-borne industries are beneficial in MRO role
- Leadership experience of cross-functional long-term global projects and processes
- Expertise in negotiations and contract management
- Effectiveness in engaging and managing multiple stakeholders
- Excel knowledge in project management
- Financial understanding and capabilities
We process applications continuously, but the position may be filled before the deadline. Last day for applications is 2020-10-06.
For specific questions regarding the position and the recruitment process:
For Global Category Leader MRO contact Johan Emthén at EFFSO: email@example.com or at 0708-53 63 43
For Global Category Leader FM contact Anna Hedre Eidhagen at EFFSO: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 073-413 32 05
For Global Category Leader Professional Services & IT contact Pia Wilgodt at EFFSO: email@example.com or at 073-640 21 81
Please state clearly in your application if you apply for the role Global Category Leader MRO, or Global Category Leader FM or Global Category Leader Professional Services & IT.
We are looking forward to your application!