Structural analysis of the procurement function
The six dimensions for efficient procurement
- Which roles exist today? Is there a need for change?
- Which competencies are necessary for efficient operations?
OUTPUT: Recommendation of which competencies the organization needs to add/upskill.
- How is the procurement organization organized?
- Which roles and responsibilities are in place?
- How does the organization manage prioritization and resource allocation?
OUTPUT: Recommendation on improvements to the organization. Proposals for roles and responsibilities.
- Is there a clearly documented and communicated procurement strategy?
- Is the procurement strategy aligned to the overall strategy of the organization?
OUTPUT: Recommendation on how the procurement strategy can be adjusted to support the company’s overall strategy.
Processes and governance
- Which procurement processes are in place on a strategic, tactical and operational level?
- How are procurement decisions made? In which forums? What are the governing criteria? How are decisions mandated?
- Are peocurement processes connected to other internal processes?
OUTPUT: Proposals for process improvements, suitable decision-making forums, governance structure, and process connections.
System support and digitization
- What procurement systems exist and are additional systems needed?
- What system support and strategy are in place for operational procurement?
- Are there repetitive manual processes with potential for automation?
OUTPUT: Digitization roadmap with a recommended system landscape for procurement.
Goals and metrics
- How is performance measured, reported, and acted upon?
- How are procurement metrics linked to the overall goals of the company?
OUTPUT: Suggested adjustments for KPIs and reporting.
Do you want to know more?
Contact me and I’ll be happy to tell you more about structural analysis!
Head of Business Development EFFSO AB
Find out more about...
We have a 100% focus on purchasing and an outstanding knowledge of all parts of this area. We have a profound knowledge of both indirect and direct materials, and not to mention spend analysis. This profound knowledge spans across all types of categories and our broad intellectual capital is based on a well conceived set of tools, templates and methods.
We create lasting results
At EFFSO we are “doers” and specialists. We work together with you as a team to actually get the job done and get results. We enjoy a good relationship with our clients and would like to build a long-term relationship with you to ensure lasting results and a continuous influx of expert knowledge. We can help you find the right tools so that your organisation can handle all the improvements and changes over time.
A better financial outcome
We deliver credible, realised savings and ensure that you get the best possible yield from the hours spent. We deliver a start business case with a focus on ROI and charges that are directly tied to results. Our joint focus on financial results and on knowledge transfer and development in your purchasing team delivers a lasting effect.
A selection of customers by industry
Are you looking for help with procurement?
Call us directly on +46 8 440 39 30 or use the contact form to the right and we will get back to you as soon as possible.